airing a versatile focal length range with a bright constant maximum aperture, the Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. from Panasonic is a 24-70mm equivalent zoom designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, this lens’s f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for selective focus control. The optical design makes use of four aspherical elements, one UHR element, and one UED element to suppress spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range. A Nano Surface Coating has also been used to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast when shooting in bright, backlit conditions.
Complementing the optical attributes, this lens is also characterized by its POWER O.I.S. system, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit working handheld in difficult lighting conditions. A stepping AF motor and internal focusing mechanism are also used for quick, quiet focusing performance to benefit both still and video applications. Additionally, the lens is sealed against moisture and dust to better enable its use in harsh environmental conditions.
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-70mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture provides consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Four aspherical elements and one Ultra High Refractive Index (UHR) element reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and rendering.
- One Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion element (UED) minimizes chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano Surface Coating has been applied to individual elements to noticeably reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping AF motor and internal focus design provides smooth and quiet focusing performance that is well-suited to both photo and video use.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) minimizes the appearance of camera shake to realize sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-sealed construction, including a rubber seal around the mount, benefits working in trying environmental conditions.