For professional videographers, field recordists, podcasters, and Ambisonics enthusiasts who need pristine audio capture of up to eight microphones, the Sound Devices MixPre-10T multi-track field recorder is an ideal tool. Record up to 10 tracks of external sources (eight channels via XLR-1/4″ combo jacks and two channels via a 3.5mm mini jack) plus a stereo mix at up to 24-bit / 192 kHz, and route the mix to your camera or DSLR while monitoring the stereo mix or separate channels through headphones. Thanks to its handles and integrated 1/4″-20 threads, the MixPre-10T can be placed in a sound bag, attached to a camera/tripod, or even slung from a shoulder/neck strap.
In addition to the large channel knobs and transport joystick, a sunlight-readable color touchscreen ensures user-friendly access to all settings. Basic, Advanced, and Custom operating modes allow you to instantly reconfigure the MixPre-10T for different applications, making it equally useful for beginners and experienced professionals. From the eight high-gain, low-noise Kashmir mic preamps to the extremely powerful headphone amplifier and balanced stereo outputs, everything about the MixPre-10T is optimized for peak audio performance and maximum workflow efficiency.
Accurate timecode synchronization and numerous powering options make the MixPre-10T adept at handling the varied demands of modern productions. For enhanced operating convenience, you can control the MixPre-10T wirelessly via the Wingman iOS/Android app or from a compatible USB-connected MIDI controller.
Basic, Advanced, and Custom Operating Modes
Select Advanced mode for access to every customizable setting on the MixPre-10T. Veterans can take advantage of complete personalization according to their unique needs. In Advanced mode, the MixPre-10T can record 10 input channels plus the stereo mix at up to 24-bit / 192 kHz, and gain-staging involves using the menu for preamp gain while the channel knobs determine the mix balance.
Switch to Custom mode to turn different sections of Advanced mode on or off in the user interface for an operating experience that never slows you down.
User Presets for Fast Configuration
Simultaneous 12-Track Recording
Audio Interface Functionality
Eight XLR Mic/Line Inputs with Independent Phantom Power
Multifunction 3.5mm Aux/Mic Input
Balanced and Unbalanced Outputs
Supports SDXC Cards up to 512GB
Powered via Batteries, AC Adapter, or DC Input
Alternatively, power the MixPre-10T via 12 VDC from an external battery or AC power supply connected to the 4-pin Hirose socket. The MixPre-10T will automatically switch to battery power if the 4-pin power source is interrupted.
Another option is TOD (Time of Day) mode, which stamps recordings with the time of day derived from the MixPre-10T’s built-in date/time clock. TOD mode is used to log the time of each recording, not to synchronize files or devices.
Ideal for Sound Bag or Camera-Mount Configurations
Powerful Wireless/Wired External Remote Control
For tactile mixing and transport control, connect a compatible USB MIDI controller such as Korg’s nanoKONTROL Studio or nanoKONTROL 2, the Novation Launch Control XL, or the Akai MIDImix.
- Easy configuration—press a channel knob for immediate access to that channel’s settings via the color touchscreen
- Transport joystick with illuminated LED ring for record, stop, play, rewind, fast forward, and more
- User-programmable toggle switch for instant execution of frequently used functions without having to navigate the menus
- All inputs fully RF-filtered and overload protected
- Digital output limiters
- Prerecord buffer captures up to five seconds of audio before the record button is pressed
- Up to 30 ms of delay per input for manual phase alignment or lip synchronization for video
- Up to 400 ms of output delay to ensure that audio sent to video operators is in sync with their camera video feeds
- Linkable channels for easy control of gain, fader, limiters, track arming, low-cut filters, and input delay across multiple channels
- Press-and-hold on headphone encoder for fast-speed scrubbing forward or backward
- Supports automatic record start/stop triggering via timecode
- BNC input/output jacks can be configured for timecode or word clock
- Test tone for synchronizing files in post-production
- Customize names and notes per track
- Dedicated Q icon in home screen for easy creation of up to 99 cue marks per file
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- Switchable bell sound in headphones for record and stop operations
- Compatible with USB keyboards and flash drives